Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Look New Subject!

My dear blog I have abandoned you.  For awhile I've been thinking of posting about my new hobby - cooking.  Since it's a new subject, I decided the blog should have a new look!

I guess since it's technically the first post of the new blog I'll start with background.  (Oh don't worry, I'm sure I'll be compelled to add stories about the puppies every once in awhile).

When I was in school, cooking consisted of spaghetti.  Actually this was the first meal I made for Brian.  He claims to have liked it, but I now know that Brian does not like spaghetti.  I guess back then his taste buds were clouded since he had a crush on the chef.  When I started cooking for both Brian and myself, the meals were generally easy ones: hot dogs, veggie burgers, pasta, etc.  Thanks to Rachael Ray I have matured in the kitchen.  I think RR was a good way to learn cooking because her meals seem repeatable.  The main advantage is that she cooks them in 30 minutes!  After a few years of watching her show and getting a cook book or two, I'm pretty comfortable in the kitchen now.

So my current idea is to blog about my newest culinary achievements.  My goal is to try 1 new recipe a week.  I'm pretty good at meeting this unless soccer gets in the way.  I've started taking pictures of the dinners too so I already have a few meals to catch up on.  Those will be the first blog posts.

Here's what you can look forward to...
-Panko Crusted Chicken (RR recipe)
-Peanut Butter Chicken (Krista original)
-I know there was one more, but I can't remember it now...

By the way, I use chicken in about 93% of my meals.  Every once in awhile a meal will be meatless (I have to sneak these past Brian), and sometimes I use beef.  Chicken just seems the easiest to me.

4 comments:

Alexia said...

Looks like I'll be visiting more often. :) You know, in case you need an additional judge.

nukebuckeye said...

Don't forget about picking the perfect beer for every meal you create!!!! I am sure that Brian would have fun helping with that too!!

Stephanie said...

I'm excited about this because I need lots of help in the kitchen! I can steal your recipes!

Janae said...

Did you recently watch the movie Julie & Julia? I had the same thought of blogging about cooking after seeing that movie. Look forward to hearing about your adventures in food!