Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

The sweet potato pancakes were such a hit with Drew, that I decided to try pumpkin pancakes.  I'm starting to really enjoy making pancakes on the weekend, and it's really nice to have a stash in the freezer for weekday breakfasts.  These are freezer-friendly too.  Just flash freeze on a foiled lined pan (spray first), then toss them in a Ziploc baggie.

These were just as easy (easier) as the sweet potato pancakes, but I still think Drew likes the sweet potato ones better.  He ate 1.5 pancakes the day I made them.  I also tried one (without syrup or any toppings).  I thought it was good, but I too think the sweet potato pancakes are better.  If I make these again, I may add chocolate chips :) the last thing anyone needs in their breakfast!



Pumpkin Pancakes*
Makes ~30 pancakes

Ingredients
1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1.5 c flour
3.5 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
4 T butter, melted

Method
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.  In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk and butter together.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine.  Pour ~1/3 cup of batter onto a heated (medium) griddle.  Cook ~3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned.

*This is the same recipe as the sweet potato pancakes.  Substitute the pumpkin puree for ~2 large sweet potatoes that have been peeled, baked and mashed.

No comments: