Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blueberry Wheat Pancakes

Recently I have been making breakfast on the weekend.  Usually when I make pancakes, I opt for sweet potato pancakes.  My 1-yr old loves them!  And I feel they are somewhat healthy and a good way to sneak a vegetable into his diet.  (Something I try to do wherever I can!)

In an attempt to change it up, I decided to make blueberry pancakes.  When I make pancakes, I make a big batch and freeze a bunch.  Pancakes are easy to freeze and they still taste good out of the freezer!

I decided to try Money Saving Mom's recipe for Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat pancakes, but I decided to substitute the chocolate chips for blueberries.


This recipe was good, and we all liked the pancakes!  I think the whole wheat made them a little chewier than a white pancake (and the sweet potato pancake), but they were still edible.  My son definitely prefers the sweet potato pancake, but he eat these also!

No comments: