Monday, October 18, 2010

White Pizza

Last week I was craving a white pizza.  I decided that I should try to make one on my own.  I looked up a couple of recipes and ended up finding a Rachael Ray one.  Perfect.  I made a side salad to go with the pizza since the pizza was only cheese and bread, I figured we could use some greens.  But it was a pretty filling pizza and we ended up having 2 slices leftover.  Pizza leftover is a rare thing for us.  I used a whole wheat pizza crust already made (I don't really like messing with dough).  Next time I might try white instead.  I also just used packaged cheese pre-shredded.  My recipe called for provolone and I couldn't find any shredded so I got a bag that was mixed with mozzarella and provolone already.

Here's the recipe:
1 - pizza crust
1 L garlic clove minced (I pressed mine)
1 - 2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (I definitely used more, love the cheese)
1/2 cup shredded provolone (I definitely used more)
1/4-1/2 cup shredded parmesan

Preheat oven to 500F (yes it really goes that high).  Combine EVOO with minced garlic in bowl.  Brush on oil, spreading garlic evenly over crust.  Top with cheese.  Cook for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.



The next time I make this I think I plan on roasting the garlic in the EVOO and then spreading it on the crust.  I got some bites of fresh garlic and I think it was just too much for me.  I can see this recipe becoming a favorite fast.  It was easy and quick and tasty.  The trifecta!

No comments: