Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Orange Carrot Salad

I've been trying to find more veggie sides instead of only focusing on the main course.  With this one I hit the jackpot!  I am not very fond of carrots for some reason, but I know they are a good souce of vitamins.  Well pair them with peanut butter and I will eat them!  The second time I made this, I used orange juice instead of juice from a fresh orange - it was an ok substitution, but I think the fresh juice makes a difference.

Here's the recipe:
Serves 4

Ingredients
1/4 c peanut butter
3 T soy sauce
Juice from 1 orange
1 inch piece of ginger, grated
1 lb grated carrots
4 scallions
1/4 c peanuts

Method
Microwave peanut butter about 10 seconds to soften.  Add soy sauce, orange juice, and ginger.  Whisk.  Stir carrots into dressing.  Top with scallions and peanuts.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Here is the carrot salad paired with Thai Chicken Pizza!

No comments: