Monday, February 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wrap

Buffalo chicken sandwiches were one of the first things I started cooking. I learned how to make the sauce from one of Rachael Ray’s cookbook. After the sauce, there isn’t much needed in order to make the sandwich. Well, after a recent visit to Cheddar’s, I decided to transform my buffalo chicken sandwich into a wrap. The wrap is definitely less messy and delicious and has taken the place of the sandwich.

Here’s the recipe:
For 2 wraps

Disclaimer: I never measure ingredients when I make this sauce, just eye ball it. Here are my best estimates as to what I use.
Sauce:
1 T butter
1 T flour
1.5 – 2 T hot sauce
Wrap:
8 oz cooked chicken, cubed
~1 cup of coleslaw or cabbage (I’ve been using the pre-made coleslaw mix – not the deli version)
¼ c + shredded cheese
about 6 dill pickle slices
Ranch dressing

For the sauce: melt butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add flour and whisk. Add hot sauce, allow sauce to thicken and heat through. If sauce is too thin, add flour. If too thick, add water. When sauce is ready, stir in cooked chicken to coat.

Warm up tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds (this make the tortilla easier to roll and less likely to tear). Keep ingredients down the center of the tortilla. Top with cheese and coleslaw. Top with coated chicken and pickles. Drizzle Ranch on top.  Roll up tortilla. Slice in the middle.

Here’s the result (shown with Parm Potatoes and asparagus)!

No comments: