Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thai Chicken Pizza

This week my parents moved to Thailand.  So in honor of their new adventure, I chose to make Thai Chicken Pizza for my new recipe of the week.  This new recipe was a winner!  It was super easy - the only complaint I had was that I got tired from cutting the raw chicken.  I wanted to cut it super tiny (recipe says diced) so it would cook quickly and also because smaller pieces seemed to make more sense as a pizza topping.  If I ever need this to be a super quick dinner then I plan on cooking the chicken ahead of time.  Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 whole wheat pizza crust (use homemade dough if desired)
1/4 c smooth peanut butter (microwave ~10 seconds to soften and make whisking easier)
3 T water
2 t soy sauce
2 t rice vinegar (I actually used red wine vinegar)
2 t fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t oil
8 oz chicken breast, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2/3 c shredded mozzarella

Method
Preheat oven to 450F.  Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken and cook, stirring until cooked through about 5 minutes. 

Whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a medium sized bowl.  Reserve about 1 tablespoon of sauce and spread remainder on crust.  Add cooked chicken, bell pepper and scallions to reserved peanut buter sauce.  Mix to coat.  Add to pizza.  Top with cheese.  Bake 11-13 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.

And now the picture!



This pizza went really well with a new side I discovered: Peanut Orange Carrot Salad!

No comments: