Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Baked Rolled Tacos

Baked Rolled Tacos were my make ahead meal for this week.  I silently saluted past Krista for putting this on the meal plan this week.  It was super quick and easy which was perfect since we ended up going to the Dynamo Game on Sunday and I didn't have as much time as usual.

I had shredded brisket meat in the freezer that I decided was time to use.  Normally I make rolled tacos with turkey (left over from holidays) or shredded chicken.  But, it was time to use this brisket.  The change was nice, but we decided the meat was a little tough so next time I'm going to chop the shreds (they were quite long) so that it's easier to bite through.

Baked Rolled Tacos
Makes about 9-10 tacos (~3 tacos = serving)

Ingredients:
8 oz shredded meat (cooked)
9-10 soft taco size flour tortillas

Suggested Toppings:
Shredded cheese (consider melting with milk and butter to make a dip)
Guacamole (Or just smoosh an avocado for the lazy version)
Salsa
Sour Cream

Directions:
Make some meat on the tortilla.  Roll up.  Use toothpick to keep taco rolled.  Place in 9x13 casserole dish.  Repeat until all meat is used up.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.  Bake at 350F for ~20 minutes or until heated through.  Serve with desired toppings.

No comments: