Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Almost there


Here are some pictures showing my guard dogs! In this first picture, I'm icing my face. It looks funny, but it's easier than holding the ice up there.


My goals for today are to get over my dizziness (I think from the nausea medicine), and not take any demerol. (My last dose was at 7 am). And Brian wants me to drink 2 protein shakes today so I'll try to do that too.
Yesterday I tried to eat scrambled eggs. It was harder than it should have been, and I only had about 4 bites before I succombed to the pain and decided ice cream would be for dinner instead. I also talked to my mom for a little bit and that was nice. I must sound funnier in my head than I do outloud, because she said she could understand me fine. By the time I went to sleep last night I was in a lot of pain. Then I woke up exactly 4 hours later ready for more pain medicine so I took 2 demerols. I think all this soreness/pain was related to trying to eat the eggs and maybe talking more than I should have.
I think I'm over the worst of it (assuming I don't try to get too cocky in what I can eat), so I'll be ready to go back to work tomorrow!

No comments: