Friday, August 14, 2009

Nearly Recovered

So it's been 1 week since I had my procedure, and I think things are going well. I had a rough Wednesday and Thursday, but today I feel almost normal. I went to work today, but I left around lunch time. I didn't want to overdo it, but I was glad that I made it there. I think it will help me on Monday. By the time I got home, I was really exhausted and now I'm resting on the couch.

I still can't solid foods. I managed some black beans last night. It was a little challenging, but it was worth it to finally eat something new. I can manage frosted mini wheats as long as I let them get soggy enough in the milk. Tonight I'm going to try macaroni and cheese for dinner. I hope I can handle it!

Now the countdown will be on until I get the stitches removed and mainly the stent removed which is uncomfortable for me (10 days to go). I think a huge help will be progressing on to more solid foods though, and maybe starting to exercise and move around more.

No comments: