Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Real Post

I've decided that my first official post should be something humorous. That's how my life is (in general), and I think that's how I'd like the tone of this blog to be. So here we go...

I was lying in bed the other night with the dogs. As I was lying there, I heard a dog barking outside. So did Stella. This outside, distant dog that was barking started to agitate Stella. She started whining/barking in the bed. The outside dog was still barking and agitating Stella, and Stella stood up on the bed. When she stood up, she was directly in front of the mirror on the dresser. Stella started barking like a mad dog. She saw her reflection in the mirror, assumed that was the dog she heard barking and started barking back at it. It took me awhile to calm her down; she really didn't like having that other dog in her house!

This wasn't the first time that Stella saw her reflection in the mirror. One day, Stella was lying on the bed, and I heard her making happy whining noises - almost like she was gurgling and wagging her tail. I went over to her and realized that she was making eyes at her self in a mirror that is next to our bed. She was so excited to see another dog staring back at her!

No comments: