Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Turkey Quiche

Turkey Quiche
4 servings

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 small tomato, chopped
1 cup spinach, rough chop
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 serving of turkey lunch meat (this was 3 slices for the Hormel Free turkey), chopped
1/2 cup, shredded mozzerella
1 Prepared pie crust
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350F.  Cook pie crust according to directions, but reduce time to ~5 minutes.  Beat eggs, add tomato, spinach, onion, and turkey and mix together.  Spray 9 in pie pan with Pam.  Spread out pie crust in dish.  Pour egg mixture into dish.  Top with mozzerella.  Bake for ~60 minutes until brown on top (my oven accomplished this in 45 minutes).

Since I made this ahead of time, I baked the crust first and then added the eggs.  Then baked again.  Covered with foil and refrigerated overnight.  I reheated this in the microwave the next day.  Delicious!  This is a great makeahead meal!

The first time I made this I used short bread pie crust (I am not a baker and didn't realize the pie crusts were in the refrigerated area).  The next time I didn't use a crust at all.  This time I went with the Pillsbury pie crust and this time was also the best.

No comments: